Idaho ranks in the U.S. top 10 for production of more than 25 crops and livestock. Take a look at these Idaho Agriculture Facts!
-Idaho Farms have ample water supply
-Idaho has 3.36 million irrigated acres
-1st in nation for potatoes, trout and organic certified hay
- Idaho Ranks 1st for hard white wheat production
- Ranks 2nd behind California for irrigation withdrawals
- 2nd in the nation for alfalfa hay and barley
- The state is 2nd nationally in the production of sugar beets, with over 850 sugar beet farmers
- Boise is 2nd behind Tempe, AZ on the U-Haul top 25 U.S. growth cities
- 3rd for hops, mint, milk and cheese
- 5th in the United States for total irrigated acres
- Idaho is one of the few places in the world that can grow all 5 wheat variations
Idaho has more to offer than agriculture at its greatest. Idaho's outdoor recreation takes on a life of its own:
- White water rafting, kayaking, paddle boarding and boating down our adventurous rivers and lakes.
- Hiking, rock climbing and mountain biking in our plentiful gorgeous mountains and foothills.
- Idaho has some of the best upland and big game hunting in the west.
- Skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling at nearby grand ski-resorts.
- Year round very diverse fresh water fishery which makes it easy to catch fish anywhere.
Give us a call and let us show you the beauty and benefits of Idaho!